3.08.2009

a good day.

This past Friday was one of the best days ever, granted I worked for half of it, but the other half was amazing. I got to sleep in and enjoy my deliciously comfy bed, and then woke up to my roommate Mel coming in around ten. I just love her to death. We talked and laughed and she was the best, as always. We got the chance to work out together and listen to music before her parents came to pick her up. I got to see her sweet mom and give her a hug which was grand. I proceeded to get ready at a very leisurely pace and make myself lunch/breakfast. Now here comes the best part:

I went for a walk.

I know, I know, it doesn't seem all that great. But let me tell you, it was epic.
I put on headphones and listened to some DCB and Chris Tomlin. It was SO warm and I didn't have to wear a coat. The sun was shining with all it's might. I know the sun shines every day (well mostly) but that day it was different. It seemed like it was shining for me. I swear everytime I looked up and saw it gleaming through the trees I felt God kissing me smack on top of the head.

I was singing at the top of my lungs, dancing, and spinning in circles on the path down by the frozen lake.
And it was glorious.

I walked/ran/danced and I was all alone. I didn't see a single soul during, what I'm sure looked like, a mental breakdown. I came to a bridge and pulled out my bible and read out loud some of my favorite verses from Philippians. The sun was beating down and the warmth seemed to soak to my very core. Spread out on the bridge, I started to pray, and realized that it had been far too long since I had let myself delight in Him like that.

It is so cool to see how God is constantly romancing me with His creation. His gift to me wasn't dinner and a movie, it was the cool breeze tousling my hair across my face, it was the music in my ears, it was the sun on my back, and His word in my hands.
What a gentleman He is, constantly loving, never turning away, always working for my affections, even though He has the power to take it all with a blink of the eye.
He is SO beautiful and worthy of everything I have to offer.

The rest of the day was just grand, I got a free drink at Starbucks and a chance to go to B & N and read a magazine or two. It was just one of those days when you say at the end of it, man it feels good to be alive!

................

This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it.
-Psalm 118:24

2 comments:

  1. Let us forget about the worries of the world, let us forget about our own personal pain, our hurts, our healing wounds...our scars. Lets forget our mistakes like He forgets. Lets love Him like He loves us.

    Let us take the time to acknowledge his presence... for He gave us EVERYTHING.

    I'm inspired to rejoice :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "As the Father Loves Me, so I Have Loved you."

    HA WOW. THAT IS A LOT. there is no possible way that God could Love anything more than Himself, and that is how much He Loves us. COOL.

    I am inspired to rejoice too!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say, please share!