3.10.2009

He is there.

All things were created by him and for him. He is before all things and in him all things hold together.

From beginning to end he's there, towering far above everything, everyone.

He has made everything beautiful in it's time
. He also has set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end.
......................

The last verse is one of my favorites. It's from Ecclesiastes and the root of my blog title. I love how it speaks of how little we know. We are so short sighted. I see what is right in front of me, and often freak out over it, while God is telling me to chill out, He knows the whole plan.

I let my fear of the unknown run away with me, dragging me down into a place I often have trouble crawling out of.
Yet, He is always there, lowering the ladder of the cross, climbing down into my self-dug pit, and cleaning me up.

He is before everything. He is behind everything. He is in everything.

The things that are unknown, He knows.
The things I find my heart going to day after day in anticipation, He has already laid out.

The memories I would rather forget, He has.
The hurt I wish I never would have caused, He has forgiven.

The days I feel anything but pretty, He calls me beautiful.
The failed quizzes, He still believes in me.

When my past and future collide in a massive confusion of hurt, anticipation, loneliness, excitement, regret and restoration :
He is there.

He is there promising me, despite my short sightedness and unbelief, that it will be beautiful.

He will always be there.
And He does not go back on His promises.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen.... wow... that was beautiful

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say, please share!