3.24.2009

(insert hallelujah chorus here)

A verse in Ephesians (which just might be my favorite book in the bible) came to mind this morning when I was on my way back from my morning devotions at the lake. I remember reading and writing about it earlier this year but I just love it as well as a verse from 1 John that touches on the same thing....

In him and through faith in him we can approach God with freedom and confidence.
Eph 3:12

This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us.
1 John 5:14

Two facts that I so often take for granted:
well of course I can talk to God! well of course he hears me! duh....
Almost like I deserve it. Who I am I to deserve his attention?? Seriously, have I become so desensitized to the awesomeness of who He is that I think talking to Him is just no big deal? That's sick. I take for granted the fact that I can call Him up anytime and He will always want to talk to me.

The fact that we can have the freedom and confidence to approach God and call him father, friend, and lover, is amazing. The God who holds the earth together, makes mountains move, raises the dead, and gives humanity hope, is the God who gives me the freedom to approach Him. I can come near and be confident about it. wow.

And that's not all folks, so I'm just amazed that He lets me talk to Him and then He goes off and promises to hear me! He allows me to enter into His powerful presence and promises to listen and pour into me. holy buckets. God is so beautiful and awesome and for some reason He loves me of all people and wants to listen to me (insert hallelujah chorus here).

He is so cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say, please share!