4.27.2009

not here to float around.

I've been reading in Deuteronomy these past few weeks, and there is so much awesome stuff in there! I highly recommend it. One verse that really stuck out was 10:12. It really lays out what I believe my life goals should be. How often do I think of that? What is my life purpose? It isn't a thought that crosses my mind quite as much as, What time should I be there, or When is that due? But it should be. I believe it spells out pretty clearly what we are to do with our lives. We are not here to just float around, going to work, going to class, going to see friends, we are here for Him. So start living like it.

Deut. 10:12
And now, O Israel, what does the LORD your God ask of you but to fear the LORD your God, to walk in all his ways, to love him, to serve the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul.

So...
1. fear him : I will acknowledge that he alone is LORD, He has supremacy and power over all. Give him all my honor, respect, fear, and praise. Give him the highest amount of worth in my life.
2. follow him : I will let my actions and decisions be in line with my theology and words. May I be striving to know him better everyday, and be committed to following him wherever he has me go. wherever.
3. love him : I will love him with every fiber of my being, give him all my affection and devotion, he is my one perfect love, above him there is no other.
4. serve him : I will seek his will above my own, his desires will be my desires. I give him all I have, in anticipation that he will use me in ways I could never imagine. My life is his, and I will pursue his kingdom, striving to serve and love others as he did.

- -And all of these should be done with ALL my heart and soul. God deserves nothing less than my all, my complete surrender, and that's what I'll give. --

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say, please share!