2.07.2010

it wasn't so long ago that you were mired in that old stagnant life of sin.
you let the world, which doesn't know the first thing about living,
tell you how to live.
you filled your lungs with polluted unbelief,
and then exhaled disobedience.
we all did it.
all of us doing what we felt like doing,
when we felt like doing it,
all of us in the same boat.
it's a wonder God didn't lose his temper
and do away with the whole lot of us.
instead, immense in mercy and an incredible love,
he embraced us.
he took out sin dead lives and made us alive in Christ.
he did all this on his own, with no help from us!
then he picked us up and set us down
in highest heaven in company with Jesus, our Messiah.

Ephesians 2:1-6 (the message)

----------------------------------

have i forgotten?
that it wasn't so long ago i was stuck in that muck
do i think i am better then it now?
it wasn't so long ago.
that i was snatched up and raised to dry ground
cleaned off
i let my world tell me how to live
what do i know of really living?
i filled myself with dirt
and it started to fill every crevice
even my heart started to be covered up
i exhaled disobedience
i had suffocated my strength and my Jesus
with all the dirt i had swallowed
but Jesus wasn't satisfied
it did not satisfy him to leave my heart covered with this dirt
i had shoveled down my throat
and so he took his gentle hands
and started emptying me
of all the darkness.
and i started to see again.
i can see now.
he placed me in his room of light.
a very bright place, and i couldn't see anything else anymore.
but his lovely face
full of beauty and immense mercy.
and everything is changed when he is here.
there are still dirt crumbles that i find
every now and then
in the corner's of my shoes and heart
and some of them leave quite a stain
but none too deep or too dark
for my Jesus' strong hands.

thank you for your immense mercy and incredible love, embrace me again today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say, please share!