6.30.2010

day four of marriage.

So I have been married for four days. oh my gosh. I am married! It still feels like a dream. The whole day felt like that. It was crazy busy and my stomach felt like it did before I had to give my first speech in freshman speech class three years ago. I was shaking for the first 5 minutes standing at the alter with my now husband. I would have ran down the aisle if my dad had not reminded me to wait for everyone to stand up. It truly was the happiest day of my life. I find myself looking for every reason possible to call Michael "my husband." He is such a great one, and being married is such fun! The day after our wedding, I told my husband that it still feels like I am just coming to visit, and that I am going to go home later that day still. But I was home! What joy, comfort, safety, peace, and assurance comes from that. Marriage really is a beautiful and holy thing, and our Lord was so good to give us it.

I cannot wait to see the wedding pictures, here are a few that my 4 awesome photographers have shared with me so far, can't wait to post more up here! The first two were taken by David Schauf, the next four by Katelyn Bladel (search 'Pieces of Zion photography' on facebook), and the last, of all the bridesmaids, by my aunt.






People were so incredibly generous to us, and I am amazed once again by the Lord's love for Michael and I. So many people helped out in make our wedding beautiful, but most of all Jesus was there, and that made it truly sacred. He is surely a faithful God, and the most passionate lover of our souls. He is worthy of all honor, and if we don't give him what he deserves to receive, our love, even the rocks will cry out!

I hope you are having a splendid week, I sure am. Michael and I have been enjoying a friend's lake cabin, the view is beautiful, and the small town close by is full of antique and thrift shops (which I love). Next week we are off the the cities for even more fun...

 Now to him who is able to keep you from falling 
and present you before his glorious presence
without fault and with great joy
-- to the only God our Savior be glory,
majesty, power and authority, 
through Jesus Christ our Lord,
before all ages, now and forevermore!
[ Jude 24-25  ]

5 comments:

  1. i love you nay! :) your wedding was beautiful, i was so happy to be a part if it. Michael and you are the perfect match, Jesus definitely knew what He was doing!
    God bless you on your honeymoon my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time I see a new photo pop up on Facebook of you guys, I say, "Awwwwwwww..." lol. You guys are so adorable together.

    I remember having the same feeling when I married Ben (that I was just visiting). I don't remember when it went away, but now it feels like we've been married forever, and I wouldn't have it any other way. :) Married life is great.

    Enjoy the honeymoon! We also went to the cities for our honeymoon. I think the highlight of the trip was seeing Les Mis at Chanhassen Dinner Theatre. The family that I used to nanny gave us a gift certificate to there as a wedding gift. So awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome! We went to Les Mis for our first date! It's one of Michael's favorites...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your wedding was the one I was looking forward to all summer and I'd have to say it was one of the best! You and Michael make a perfect couple and the love you have for each other illuminates from everything you do! Ah! That's the way it's supposed to be! Love this...and yes, you do have the most ridiculously AMAZING photos ever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bible verse at the end of this post brought my to tears. I'm so thankful- the Lord is bringing me back to Himself and it is something i've been dying and longing for. I love you, sister, and I am so beyond happy for you and your husband!!! Enjoy the rest of your perfect honeymoon. God is So good.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say, please share!