7.12.2010

i want to write something beautiful. i want to post pictures from my wedding and share more of what it meant to me. i would like to post pictures of my apartment. which curretly smells like rotten food.

we turned off the breaker to the kitchen when we left for our honeymoon two weeks ago. the refrigerator henceforth proceeded to stop being cold. the food deceided to rot like no other. and since michael had to work this morning at 6:30 (we got back from the cities at 2am last night), i cleaned it out. oh deary me. i about threw up what seemed like a million times. the smell was so horrible. it is now 7 :50 at night and my husband has taken apart every screw in the fridge and soaked everything in bleach and covered the whole thing with baking soda.

it still smells.

we have managed to quarantine the bedroom and keep it smelling pretty normal so we can at least sleep tonight. i frantically ran to walmart in my pjs this morning to buy more febreeze and a fan. we now have hardly any food and no where to put any food we would potentially buy since the fridge refuses to become clean and somewhat normal smelling. welcome to 'real life' huh. we managed to laugh a little despite all the cleaning, bleaching, and nauseating stomachs. we may have to buy a small amount of groceries, a bag of ice, and use our cooler for a few days, who knows. life sure is an adventure sometimes....

this photo was before the wedding, we went to island park to fly a kite! the first time ever for me, and it was quite magical, i recommend it.

4 comments:

  1. Oof. That really stinks. I tried to find a good remedy for you for the fridge situation, but I couldn't find anything. Baking soda and bleach would've been my suggestions, but you've already tried that. :) Do you have a crockpot? If so, try this:
    http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2008/11/crockpot-as-air-freshener-odor.html

    It has worked for us before, so hopefully it'll help you guys out some. If you don't have one, go get one and then try it. haha. Crockpots are the best invention ever. In fact, if you don't have one, we have one that you could have. We bought a new one, because we wanted one with a timer, but the old one works just fine. I highly recommend the timer ones though.

    I can't believe you had never flown a kite! :) Ben and I and a bunch of friends had a kite flying day once. So much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear about your expected event upon arriving home :( the joys of being an adult? Have you tried vinegar? I think that vinegar does a better job getting rid of smells than bleach. Just a thought! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks so much for the ideas guys, it's getting better haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Danae,
    I read your blog often and I love the stories you tell! I always feel so encouraged! Yours and Michaels relationship is beautiful and I love hearing stories about that as well! It makes me excited to take the next step in my relationship. Thank you for all the wonderful posts!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say, please share!