10.18.2010

for Kari.

It is Kari's birthday today. 
She is my little sister, and now she is also 19.
I love her tremendously and here is why:

Kari,
You are a carefree and joyful spirit. You really don't care too much about what people think of you, and you don't let setbacks get you down. You love to laugh, and I love your laugh. Apparently our laughs are similar, and I like that. I so love to sit next to you at events, because I know we will usually find humor in whatever is being said. It is such a joy to my heart knowing you understand me and my humor, or our humor.
You are so kind, you do everything in love, and you are peaceful. You really do follow the Lord's command to be a peacemaker. You seem to never get in real arguments with people, because it is so easy for you to see everyone's side. You are passionate about loving Jesus, and he is the absolute Lord of your life. You make solid decisions, showing you value Jesus above all else, you are passionate for him. You are going to do great things. I don't know how I know that, but I do. You are going to shake your world and I can't wait to see it up close and personal.
I love all the shared memories we have, being so close in age, there wasn't much we weren't there for. It is a joy to talk about all the fun stories we were in together. I cannot write words to tell you how much I appreciate all you have done for me, just because you understand. Even when I have done wrong to you, and not treated you like the gem you are, you have been gracious with me. You understand the things I hardly ever express, you can see the painful feelings, and you comfort me simply by being one of the only ones to really see it all.
Sometimes I wish I was more like you, you possess so many of the qualities I wish I had, but I'm thankful you are my sister and I have the rest of my life to learn from you : ) I love you with every ounce I have, I have loved being your big sister, and I can't wait to see what the rest of our lives have for us. It will be quite the adventure, my sister.


I'm so glad you have been alive for 19 years today. I love you!

2 comments:

  1. What a great sister you both must be to each other! Question, where is the white + red striped sweatshirt she is wearing from? I'm guessing it was from a thrift store, so I'll have to hunt it down. So wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was from a garage sale this summer, I was planning on putting it up on Etsy, but Kari liked it so much, I gave it to her as part of her birthday present!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say, please share!