11.09.2010

(exciting) announcement

 This is my little exciting announcement. Maybe it comes as a disappointment that it isn't bigger, but it's exciting to me! I chose a name for my business, finished a ton of tags, and mailed off about ten headbands to my cousin Sabrina's house to be sold at her winter Front Porch Finds sale! I chose the name 'This Earthly Tent' which comes from 2 Corinthians 5:1-5.

For we know that if this earthly tent we live in is destroyed, we have a building from God, an eternal house in heaven, not built by human hands. Meanwhile we groan, longing to be clothed instead with our heavenly dwelling, because when we are clothed, we will not be found naked. For while we are in this tent, we groan and are burdened, because we do not wish to be unclothed but to be clothed instead with our heavenly dwelling, so that what is mortal may be swallowed up by life. Now the one who has fashioned us for this very purpose is God, who has given us the Spirit as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come. 

I really love this section of scripture. It is awesome to be reminded of how much we are not to be at home in this world, but we are to long for our real home, our heavenly dwelling. So often I find myself getting caught up in earthly things and material possessions, but God says that our body is only a temporary dwelling until we can reach our house in heaven! For this we groan and wait, longing to be in our heavenly home with our Maker. The name This Earthly Tent, is symbolic in the way that while earthly possessions (like clothes and headbands) are fun and may make us happy for a little while, they are not what matters, a business isn't what matters, for it is all just a temporary dwelling, a tent, and it will pass away. Our heavenly home is what we long for, eternity with Jesus is what we live for, and that is what it is all about.
These are the handmade tags I attached to the 'bands. Made from copies of vintage photographs found in our family photo box in the basement, most of them taken by either my mom or dad.
The above are seven of the designs I have done so far, I have more that haven't been photographed, and lots more ideas that just haven't had the time to be made real yet! Even though this is such a little step, it's something that is really fun for me, and I hope you enjoyed a peek into what's new. 
If you are interested in purchasing a headband, or want a custom design, contact me on Facebook or email me at : moranda@mnstate.edu

5 comments:

  1. Your headbands are SO cute! I realllllly want one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so sweet! And I like the name. I know I've read that passage before, but it's never stuck out to me. I wish I could pull off headbands.

    ReplyDelete
  3. EEk thanks you guys : ) T- I'm sorry you can't pull off headbands, they are such fun. D- I will make you one! I'm currently making one for Katelyn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really?! Ahhh you're great! I love the earthy one that's on your etsy page and also the earwarmer/headband one! You're so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha well I should say I'm selling one to Katelyn...I should have worded it better : ) The prices depend on the type of one you want, so if you are interested just send me a message on facebook!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say, please share!