12.26.2010

Sometimes I think I'm afraid of being alone. Afraid of not having any friends or people who want to be with me or who think I'm cool. I think most of us feel at least a slightly fear of these things. The feeling of acceptance is ingrained in our deep longings as humans, but I know I need not fear the lack of human acceptance, because friends and humans will turn their backs and hurt my feelings, but I know my Savior's acceptance that he poured over me with his blood is what really matters, it is what keeps me alive. He says that he wants to be with me, that he thinks I'm cool, and he promises that he will never leave me. That is life. So that is what I hold fast to.

There are so many things that I would like to be able to do, or be better at. I know that being alone is one way to accomplish and work at my dreams, and to get to know Jesus better. It allows me to know who I am and examine my heart.

Physically being alone, and not having friends is painful, and lonely. Most of us have been there at one time or another. Some of us never allow ourselves to be alone because of fear, and some of us feel we have always been alone in the world. Friendship and love between humans is such a beautiful thing, and God has given us community as a gift to treasure. Marriage is the deepest form of companionship and I am extremely grateful to be able to take part in it's inexplicable joys.

I pray that you would be able to not fear being alone with yourself, that you would know who you are when no one else is looking, that you would find joy in human companionship and love, and that you would know our Lord Jesus as the great comforter and companion, as our best friend and lover.


(thanks to Camila for showing me this video)

4 comments:

  1. I saw this over the summer and simply fell in love with it! What a great message!
    Thank you for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that video was cool & i love the message. I hate eating by myself! But maybe I should try it with a different mindest

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know! the video definitely made me think about being alone in a different light...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved that video. I enjoy alone time. Many of the best and most memorable days of my life have been days where I was completely alone. during the summer or early autumn I would take walks in the woods or go to a nature park, or bike to a local field and just spend time by myself with my camera. It was weird because I was never really lonely then. I was always talking to God in those moments, and I was so at peace that it was almost necessary to be alone. there was one time where I went out to take pictures in the woods and I was actually just roaming around listening to music when this deer came up to me. It was so crazy. Being silent and alone might take some getting used to, but I've come to enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say, please share!