12.13.2010

Well, it's 7:30 in the morning, and I am just getting off work. Most people seem fairly impressed/sympathetic for me when they hear this. Really, they shouldn't because I get to sleep the entire night. So I added 9.5 hours to my work week last night, with 6.5 of those being full of sleep. It really is quite nice. Despite the fact that I don't get to be at home in my own canopy-covered bed next to my husband. I woke up early to spend some time with Jesus before one of the girls woke up (I work with two developmentally delayed girls in a group home). I noticed that it seemed to be much easier to stay awake when I do devotions at work. I'm not sure if this is just because, well, I'm at work (fairly likely). Or because it is a different atmosphere then home. Most likely it's a combination of both. Anyways, it was a lovely time to read of reading His word.

To change the subject, life is hard sometimes. I've had friendships completely disintegrate and it seems no matter how hard I try or pray, they aren't getting any better. There truly isn't anything like having someone completely reject you when you are most vulnerable. Through it all I know that God is a God of restoration and forgiveness, he is faithful to his promises and I know that even though it feels I can't do much else, I will keep praying. I can keep praying. Always keep praying.

On that note, I will leave you, the anonymous collective, with some pretty minty-green/blue colored goodies (click the images to source and/or buy). Mint is one of my favorite colors, so much so that it is the color of our kitchen and bathroom!

happy monday
XO

6 comments:

  1. So you were in my dream last night... and you told me how you had skyped with Mari last night, even though she's in Liberia.. and there's a bunch of other weird details in my dream.. but anyways. I understand completely with the friendships thing. And I can tell you that God has restored 2 of those kind of relationships. It took some time but He did it. He may do it for you, keep praying and trust that whatever happens, He knows best! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dream: haha that is funny, I love how bizarrely real dreams can be..
    Encouragement: Thank you so much! It's awesome to hear encouraging testimonies of God's goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Friend relationships got really tricky with us when we first married. It's kind of hard to keep close with people who are in different stages of life than you, I've found. We ended up finding some great couple friends, and then they all went and had babies, and the friend dynamic changed again. Now we have a wonderful group of friends who are of all different places in their lives (single, dating, married, pregnant), and hopefully they all stay here and don't move away. :) Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally understand, a lot of that is happening with me I am feeling. But we are slowly finding good couples we like to hang out with together and I know that over time it will all work out! I'm so glad you two have navigated those rough waters : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that birdcage print. So pretty. I hope you start feeling better. I know it can be tough when friendships begin to fade. Just know that God is always there and is working things out.

    -missy

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say, please share!