3.21.2011

Batch THREE (sorry for those of you who are a little bored of these) of holiday film photos. School starts today, uf. The day before you go back to school always has that certain feeling of dread, and yet relief to be back to the normal routine.

The last few days I've been sick with an awful cough, and all the symptoms (according to webMD) point to acute bronchitis, which is supposed to go away on it's own and lasts for 2-4 weeks! NOT so much fun.

In other news, I've decided to give up Facebook for the rest of lent. I honestly have never given up anything for lent before, but it's a good excuse to take a break from something that sucks too much of my time up. Facebook isn't a bad thing, but it can be, and it usually isn't very productive, nor does it make me a better person. It often just distracts me from doing something else, usually much more worthwhile. It's just another thing to check, and I think giving it up for a while will help simplify my life and focus more on my relationship with the Lord too. Often people say where you put your time is where you put your heart, and Facebook does not deserve anyone's heart, even writing that seems silly. It's obvious. So, so long social network.



 Have a good Monday!

 I've been listening to Mates of State a bunch lately and really like this song :

3 comments:

  1. I've really enjoyed your San Francisco pictures. I have family out there and lived in the Bay Area the summer I was 17. SUCH a beautiful place. I gave up Facebook for over two months (the first 8 weeks of my semester was insanity) and I just logged back on to mine today...I wasn't missing much. Jesus and studying and reading and going outside and actually seeing your friends face-to-face is so much better. I found your blog probably almost a year ago and I can't remember how, but I'm glad I did :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love all of these!! also loving your new profile changes. lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. meagan - thanks so much! giving up facebook is gonna be a tough one, but i think it'll be well worth it, and yes, I thought SF was super beautiful too!
    taylor- thanks a bunch!! i'm super pleased and think it fits me well : )

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say, please share!