5.24.2011

I'm currently reading When God Writes Your Life Story by Eric and Leslie Ludy, and it's awesome. Not only does God want to save us from our sin but He wants to be involved in every aspect of our lives, He wants to write our life's story and take us on an amazing adventure with Him!

One of my favorite excerpts was this :

"Then Walter Wilson (Christian physician from the early 1900s) made the exchange that altered his existence forever: He traded his own life the the life of Jesus Christ.


Lord, I give You this body of mine; from my head to my feet, I give it to You. My hands, my limbs, my eyes, my brain; all that I am inside and out, I hand over to You. Live in and through me whatever life You please. You may send this body to Africa, or lay it on a bed with cancer. You may blind my eyes, or send me with Your message to Tibet. You may take this body to the Eskimos, or send it to a hospital with pneumonia. This body of mine is Yours alone from this moment on. 


That night, Walter Wilson stepped into the endless frontier of a God-scripted life adventure--and never looked back. His life went from mediocre and meaningless to radical and radiant. Once he exchanged his life for Christ's, Wilson held the secret to a victorious Christian existence. And nothing was ever the same."


What a prayer! So often I feel mediocre and meaningless, and I think most of us do at one point or another in our walk with Jesus. Sometimes it's easy to get in a rut and forget to look up and allow ourselves to be carried out of our mess by our Savior.

I don't want to ever forget the miracle of Christ in us. It's so easy to yawn and shrug it off "yeah yeah I have to Holy Spirit in me because I believe in Jesus, yadayada what's new there.." UGH that makes me so sad to think that I have thought that at times! I forget that this is the very key to a radical and radiant life with my Maker, who has taken up residence in my very being. I forget that I am to be holy as He is holy, that my body is to be a living sacrifice, set apart solely for His purposes.

He wants to take me on a wild and exciting adventure of a life, and He wants that for His church, His bride, but we are so often caught up in worrying about the things of this world and protecting our self that we do not take God at His word. We do not trust Him with everything we own and are. We are too worried about protecting our jobs, houses, safety, entertainment, savings accounts, health, and comfortableness to believe that God's ways are the best ways. We cushion our selves with comfort and settle into a party on Saturday, church on Sunday routine that deeply saddens our Savior. We have forgotten who our God is.

What would the church look like that exchanges it's life for Christ's? Where everyone is living a radical and radiant life in love with Jesus?

Not how it looks now, that's for sure.
Oh how I need change in my life, how we need change.
Jesus, we need your help.

2 comments:

I love hearing what you have to say, please share!