8.04.2011

enough is never enough
to give to you
you who gave me more than I could ever possess
forever is not long enough
to bow to you
to sing your praises
to serve your throne
to fall in love
all I have to give is
so small
so inadequate
to what you deserve
for you have set me free.

but I have nothing else to give but
all I am
all I was
all I will be
so I give to you what is mine to give
freely I have received
freely I give
back to your hands that saved me
cleansed me
raised me up
gave me life
made me new
no other place worthy of my heart then
in your hands
o that I would have grace to
trust you more
give you more

my most is never enough
so I give all that is mine to give
forever yours
for, forever your love has set me free.

Psalm 89:1-2
I will sing of the Lord's great love forever; with my mouth I will make your faithfulness known through all generations. I will declare that your love stands firm forever, that you have established your faithfulness in heaven itself.

2 comments:

  1. Danae, you have such a gift with words! This is beautiful! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, so good. Thanks Danae, for the encouragement.
    "forever is not long enough, to bow to you, to sing your praises, to serve your throne, to fall in love" So, so true. And so beautiful. We have such a beautiful Lord!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say, please share!