8.15.2011

this morning on the beach.

This morning we woke up early to enjoy the sunrise over the waters. It was beautiful. I think my favorite time to be by the ocean. We enjoyed a good Starbucks cup of coffee and some time alone together before the day began.

I think the morning is meant to be spent slowly, our busy schedules often get in the way of enjoying creation and our role as God's created. There is nothing like starting the day with a surrendered and joy filled heart. Jesus' presence is a sweet refuge and the only place to go to find peace.

All creation declares the glory of the Lord, but he longs for our praises, so let us join in, and declare his majesty.


Psalm 93:3-4
The seas have lifted up, the seas have lifted up their voice, the seas have lifted up their pounding waves. Mightier than thunder of the great waters, mightier than the breakers of the sea, the Lord on high is mighty.

my morning prayer via my journal//
Jesus make me more like you today. I can do no good thing apart from you. Create in me a pleasing sanctuary for Your Spirit to dwell, let me be a woman of your peace, content with what I have, confident in who you made me to be. Create me into a woman of grace; quick to forgive, slow to become angry.  Let me be known for my love. Make me more like you today, do not let me forget you as I so often do. Place yourself in my mind's forefront and as my day passes I would consider you and be with you always. You are my heart's desire and this world pales to you. Take everything from me but give me yourself, your heart in mine. Take my desires and dreams, the beatings of my heart, and make them yours, pleasing to you. I love you.

2 comments:

  1. This post is beautiful! I love the photos as well! You are a true artist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. um, thank you! that is truly a beautiful comment and I love it : )

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say, please share!