9.01.2011

favorite time of the year

AUTUMN

A tie with spring for my favorite season. I'm excited for this beautiful cool season (not so much for what comes after it).
Happy 1st day of September (my birthday month!).
It is bittersweet mourning of warm sunny days, long light, and tanned skin and celebrating the beginning of lots of layers, cool breezes, and beautiful trees. It is amazing how God's creativity is displayed through every season.




(click each photo for source)

This week has been much better than the last. As stated, I was overwhelmed and feeling just beat down, but I feel like God is really giving me his peace and helping me to give him all control.

I am learning so incredibly much having hands-on experience all day long working with children and families. I am feeling more and more like a grown-up every day and sometimes I love it, sometimes I don't.

I am learning how deeply people need Jesus, in seeing the innocent eyes of a child, who has experienced more pain in their few years than most of us ever experience in our entire lives. In the eyes of a young girl filling with tears as she talks about the baby in her womb that she will be placing in the arms of another family. In the eyes of a couple lighting up with joy as they meet the children who are to enter their family forever. People need Jesus, he alone can heal their pain and suffering. He can bind up the brokenhearted, mend torn apart families, and create new ones. He is a father to the fatherless.

He is so good.

6 comments:

  1. My small group leader does the same job it sounds like you are doing--she is constantly asking for prayer for the young women/children she works with as well as her own heart as she tries to help in a professional yet Godly way. It takes a lot of courage and compassion to do it, good for you! Keep your head up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your job sounds so challenging, and yet so rewarding.

    I have to let you in on a little secret. Sonja already knows. :) Ben and I are starting the adoption process soon! We have a couple meetings lined up with different agencies, and then after we pick who we want to go with, we'll start the process. We won't go live until May or so, when he graduates and we buy a house, but I am so excited to at least get started on it! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, I have to tell you, I happened to read your older post "on fashion, appearence, and Jesus" and it could not have come at a better time! I just fractured my arm and on top of having a giant cast all the way to my shoulder, I can't really do my hair by myself or wear alot of the things I want to. I've been really discouraged and have had almost zero confidence lately, but your post reminded me that there are more important things to put my energy into than being sad about how I look. I bookmarked it for when I'm feeling frustrated in the future! Thank you so much for putting that out there!

    (sorry for commenting so much haha, I just had to share!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kari- oh my goodness that is so awesome! Excited for you!!!

    Charity- thanks for your comments and encouragement! I'm so glad that God could use me to help encourage you - I pray you will heal quickly and not have to have that icky cast, but isn't it also neat that He can use a bummer situation to teach us a lesson that we may need to learn? He works everything out for our good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think growing up in a Christian household, it can be easy to forget HOW MUCH everyone needs Jesus. Going through a day of work, when I'm helping the public, I'm hit with people who are hateful. I cannot say if they know Jesus or not, but when thinking of the lost, they do not know where they're going, how to treat others, because sin is blackening and without Jesus' hands over us, sin leads hearts. It can be easy to grow weary and tired dealing with the public who are hateful, but when we think of the blood that was shed, it was not for perfect people, but for the foremost of sinners.
    Your post just made me think and I wanted to share. Love your blog. :)
    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wasn't too stoked about fall until you reminded me of the layers that fall lets us wear. I am so excited! As for the post below the photos, you made me tear up- I'll be praying for each one you mentioned. People do need Jesus, and it's often so much simpler than we make it out to be. Sometimes they need someone to listen, other times, just to love them. I'm so incredibly thankful we have the opportunity to live like Jesus, and try our best to carry out the life he so perfectly exampled. And to know we have a King that we can talk to any time, that's an honor. I love his love.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say, please share!