11.04.2011

DIY + more

the window panes are rattling from the wind and the streets are being shaken with blowing leaves today.
there is a lot to do.
i am getting so close to being done with college and a social worker for real.
one month.
times will be changing and for the first time in 18 years I will not be a 'student' anymore.
i will be an ... adult? still figuring that one out.

my news:: (sorry - NOT a baby haha)

my internship field instructor (i'm interning in adoption social work with the Adults Adopting Special Kids program in ND - adoption of children in the foster care system) is currently going to school for her Masters degree and is taking a educational leave of absence to intern at another agency for that degree. i *officially* was asked and accepted the offer to cover her caseload for that time she is gone which will be Jan-April.
(yay!)
I'm excited to be challenged, earn money (ha), and learn more about working with kids and families in adoption (something I love).
It works out pretty well as Michael will be student teaching at Park Christian for his social studies education degree in the spring, almost the exact time frame I will be working with AASK.

We will be pretty 'free' after May next year -- and then the world awaits us.

-----------------------------------------

Here is a simple little fall garland I threw together and thought it'd be fun to share:


to create:
gather some leaves 
press them flat by placing in various pages of a book, and placing a heavy object on top to add weight
use string (i used yarn)to tie little knots all along and place stems of leaves in

super easy and pretty!

6 comments:

  1. Yeah! Congratulations! Love the garland. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. THE GARLAND IS DELIGHTFUL AND I DON'T TAKE TIME TO READ BLOGS OFTEN BUT I DID TODAY AND GLAD THAT I DID. YOU ARE SPECIAL

    AUNT VAL

    ReplyDelete
  3. *just pinned this to pinterest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks you gals! and i'm honored you felt it pin-worthy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds great! Congratulations! Hope this next months won't get too stressed for you! Have a nice Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the job! All I can dream about is getting out of the school world and into the big, wide one. Let me know how that goes :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say, please share!