11.19.2011

National Adoption Day

It's National Adoption Day today.

I am eternally grateful God adopted me into His family, and that I am called His child.
I am so thankful that my two brothers were able to be a part of my family through adoption.

I love being a part of so many other family's adoption stories as an adoption intern (soon to be worker!) and my heart is full thinking of all the adoption finalizations I get to be at today.

I am coming to realize that speaking about adoption awakens my heart in a way nothing else does. I have a deep knowledge that it will be a part of my family, in some way, forever. I won't stop talking about it, I can't.

There are SO many children in this world, in our country, and in your backyard that have no permanent home. They are calling out. Who will answer if we don't ... if you don't?

What would happen if we sincerely asked "God, what do you want ME to do?"
and really listened?

Watch this.

Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after the orphans and widows in their distress and keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27

I started an 'adoption' page on the right hand side of my blog to keep track of bible verses, blogs, and resources I find that I want to keep track of. Check them out.

1 comment:

  1. Love this. :) You are welcome to add us to the "adopting bloggers" list, if you'd like.

    http://benandkariadopt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say, please share!