11.16.2011

she looked into my eyes with brokenness and questions
the monster that is her past could not be held captive by her own will any longer

the theme of sin runs through so many
and Satan whispers and yells in all their ears

you won't be enough
you aren't pretty enough
you can never get over this
you are too weak and lonely
no one really understands you
no one really cares about you
you have messed up too many times
you have no more chances left
there is no hope

hearts are broken and need binding, aching and need healing
let us turn our ear and the ear of the hurting
to the One who speaks boldly and gently to our very souls

you are enough
you are pretty enough, I made you
I will help you get through this
I am strong and I will carry you
I understand you
I love you
I died for all the times you messed up, all of them
I have another chance for you
there is still hope

No sin too dark, no past too messy for Jesus to heal. If there are hurts and aches you have come to just live with, lay them at the foot of the cross. In Jesus there is healing, joy, wholeness, and restoration.


Come all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Matt 11:28

4 comments:

  1. this blessed my heart so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I needed this so much. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really beautiful and terribly true. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely babeage.

    I think your writing is excellent.

    very deep.

    It shows your heart.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say, please share!