12.16.2011

brothers


These are my brothers Isaac and Ian. I can't imagine my family without them, even though they came a little later than my sisters and I. 

 It's hard to talk about their health sometimes, because it's scary. And a lot of people don't really know what to say...me either, really.

They both have significant health needs and their futures are unclear. Isaac was born with a rare heart defect, and he had 3 heart surgeries by the time he was 3 years old. Isaac will need a heart transplant sometime in his 20-30s. Ian has significant speech delays and he is currently being tested for genetic disorders amongst other things. It is unclear what his future holds in terms of emotional, mental, and motor development.

When my mom spoke about choosing to adopt children who aren't exactly healthy, she shared it was very hard because "don't all parents want their children to be healthy?.... but doesn't every child deserve a home, whether they are healthy or not?" amen, mom.

While we know there will be hard and dark days ahead of us, we know that God's plans for our family and my brothers are good. We know that He doesn't promise an easy life, but He promises to hold us, comfort us, give us strength, and never leave us. That is something to stand on. With Him, no matter what comes, we will be okay. 

Life is for God to give and take away. We are His, and we are thankful for all the moments we have together on this earth, and rejoice that we will have eternity together in Heaven through Jesus who saved us.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing this one Danae :) Jesus knows what he's doing - its obedient families like yours who love on others that make life inspiring :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say, please share!