8.04.2012

DC, solo

So I took a trip to Washington DC last week!

 I attended the annual NACAC (North American Council on Adoptable Children) conference which was held just over the river in Crystal City, VA. Work generously sent me and paid for pretty much everything, I decided to go two days early and do some sight seeing despite the fact that I was all alone. At first I was really bummed that I wouldn't have a travel and sight seeing buddy, but then decided that it would be sort of fun to have an adventure in a city by myself, and it was!

I learned a lot about myself and loved having the chance to meander as I pleased through monuments and museums. I did a lot of people watching and made small talk with DC'ers and tourists and lots of families. I took photos of asians in front of an elephant at a museum, had a lot of coffee, and smiled more than normal at people I didn't know.

I learned that I am capable of navigating across the country and in a large city, and it is kind of fun to do so. My two highlights of my two days seeing sights were the Holocaust Museum and the National Museum of the American Indian.

I made a tiny little video of clips from my iPhone. Ain't the best - but fun to see a trip in motion sometimes.

2 comments:

I love hearing what you have to say, please share!