9.23.2012

Hobbit Day // Birthday Celebration

September 22nd was a great day. See below (photo heavy).

It was Hobbit Day (Bilbo and Frodo's shared birthday).

We spent the day outside enjoying the turning colors with my family. There was Celtic music coming from Michael's iPhone day long and a jig or two happened in the parking lot.

We made a pumpkin pie. We watched the opening scenes of The Fellowship of the Ring to prepare for....

...the best birthday party I've ever had. Michael spent ages planning a surprise Hobbitty birthday celebration with my family and friends. My heart was full with gratitude at all the blessings I have (and had) around me. We sat next to the willow tree with twinkling lights, sang songs, drank hot coffee, had multiple pies, ate stew, listened to a reading (Michael reading Bilbo's birthday speech) and danced with sparklers. Thank you again to those who helped my amazing husband plan and keep this a surprise, I'm so thankful.




6 comments:

  1. OH so sweet! This is the most precious surprise birthday party ever!
    I love the coffee mugs, along with the delicious looking stew! But the picture at then very end tops it all! Happy Birthday have a blessed year to come!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so sweet. and I LOVE that picture at the end of you two. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful pictures to capture a great memory! Happy Birthday :]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like such a wonderful time!
    It was such a fun surprise to see Anthony smiling in this post! What a gem he is!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa, what an awesome way to celebrate! Happy late birthday :) Way sweet of your husband to plan it, too! Can't believe how much the leaves have changed already where you are...they're barely starting here in Atlanta. Can't wait for fall to really kick in!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed over read your blog post. Your blog have nice information,
    I got good ideas from this amazing blog.
    goldenslot
    สูตรบาคาร่า

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say, please share!