8.20.2013

journey through journals - 1

This muggy August evening I am reading through my first journal, started on June 25, 2000. I was 10 years old. I've been writing ever since and am fascinated by my former selves, documented on the pages of many many books over the years. Books that have traveled to camp with me, on family vacations with me, to coffee shops with me, to new homes with me, but mostly books that have been my bedside companions, capturing first experiences, memories, prayers, and things too embarrassing to tell anyone else. 

A few excerpts from my first journal, original spelling, ages 10-11:

//////////////////////////////////////////
 
"A quick note: my conseler has a tougue ring! But that do's not matter it's what's on the inside not the outside and she's really cool!"

"I am second two last in the shower (but thats okey because I would go last). I changed I relize I need Jesus has my lord and Savoir. The Song and the campfire made me relizie that. No matter what Other peile say I want to follwollow Christ my lord and help change other lives with Christ."

"I am Jealos of other people and I think mean thoughts about people. Thats why I need you as my Savior every day. Sometimes I just don't feel you in me. Please always fill my heart with your love always."

"god, Thank you for being my saviour. We won the HITs. That was fun. I got my Horse print back. It looks great! Thank you for letting me get a good price on the frame and stuff. I cantered with no sturps and my arms sticking out at the side! Thank you for the courage you gave me. Please forgive me when I sin! You always do. Love you."

"We went to the library. I was getting kind of bore. I read a chapter of Nancy Drew. The book is The Clue in the Jewel box. So far so good. Please let Kari tell me and everybody else what she did at Erikas house. Going to watch the show. Be back."

"God, Today my helmet came. It is to big so I think we might send it back."

"I think _____ thinks I am a little girl but I am only a year yonger! But she is nice and please give me a chance to witness to her more. I know she knows you but I want to talk to her about it more. thank you so much for Jesus. Why do we buy stuff if it is going to all pass away?I love you. Your child and best friend, Danae Karen."

3 comments:

I love hearing what you have to say, please share!